Film – Week 13 – Changes

“The most honest form of filmmaking is to make a film for yourself.”

― Peter Jackson,  Link

SUMMARY

• This week I did a good amount of work on the blog post and I also felt that I learned a lot. This week was sort of unique because instead of completing the blog post in one day, I split up the amount of work I did into each day of the week, but I’m not sure if I’ll do it again, considering it took every day of the week.

PRACTICE ROOM (TUTORIALS)

Screenshot from sneakonthelot.com
Screenshot from sneakonthelot.com

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

Screenshot from The Story of Film Trailer on NetworkReleasing YouTube channel

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY, PRODUCTIVITY & THE BRAIN)

Worksheet from bananatreelog.com
  • After going on a walk and thinking about this, I mainly focused on the negative aspect of the thought and considered if it is really simple to overcome negative thinking by re framing thought in a positive way. I think that essentially means that if you’re more optimistic and positive when it comes to negative thoughts, you’ll overcome them. It seems like a really obvious thought, but while thinking about it, I did realize that sometimes I never really try to challenge any negative thoughts and I never really try to get rid of them or make them more positive. From now on, I’ll keep this in mind.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

What I learned: This week I learned a few things about pre-production (from finishing the rest of the sneak on the lot from last week) and production. I also learned more about the history of film which was, again, interesting.

Problems I solved: This week I solved my problem with procrastination. Instead of doing all the assignments in one day/one sitting, I decided to complete and progress through parts of the blog post each day. I’m definitely going to attempt to continue this method.