Film – Week 10 – GTD – Getting Things Done – Part 2

Image from BiggerPlate.com

Teens are overwhelmed, partly because they don’t yet have the skills to manage the unprecedented amount of stuff that enters their brains each day.  – from LifeHacker.com

“Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.”

“You can do anything, but not everything.”

― David Allen, (GTD) Getting Things Done for Teens: Take Control of Your Life in a Distracting World

SUMMARY

• This week was alright, but I spent a lot of the week doing a lot of other work for other classes. This blog post required a decent amount of my time for work and I did learn some interesting and important things.

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

Screenshot from Animated Book Summary And Review at YouTube

You are going to learn to develop your own version of David Allen’s Getting Things Done (GTD) process in this ‘room.’

After watching these three videos I came out of it realizing some things about organization. The thing I really took away from this, and it might sound a bit simple, was how serious and important organization can be. There was a lot more to these videos than how organization as important, but that’s what really stood out to me, and I hope it helps me now that I have a more clear concept of it.

LAB (THEORY PRACTICED)

Screenshot of David Allen TED Talk
Screenshot of David Allen TED Talk

Examine Two GTD Maps: Basic and Detailed

1. Detailed map by guccio@文房具社 icensed under CC BY-NC 2.0
  2. Basic map from BiggerPlate.com embedded below

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

This week I learned a lot. At times I felt very overwhelmed from all of the work in this blog post, but I was still able to get something out of it. There were many videos that had a bunch of info in them that was important, but I don’t remember a lot of the stuff.

The problem I solved this week was having to do with my time and organization, thanks to the GTD. I now feel more confident and sure of my self to complete assignments on time. This week is an exception because I had more work than I’ve ever had so far this year. I’m hoping that everything I learned about organization sticks with me, and I improve from it.